Thursday, November 17, 2005

Old Man Winter Returns

It was 51 degrees when I awoke yesterday. It was 30 degrees when I went to bed last night. Winter has returned and my life will change dramatically. You see, I abhor the cold; it holds no thrill for me. Just when I get accustomed to taking long bike rides on the weekends and my two mile walks on weekday mornings then here it comes, chilling my bones and making my arthritis act up. Winter brings on so many changes...I think it's safer to just stay indoors, admire the wifes' salt & pepper shaker collection (hehe), and try to think up interesting conversation bits for my blog. It's pretty much a given that I'll put on another 8 or 10 pounds between now and March. I'll play at jogging on the treadmill in the garage but in reality I won't dedicate myself to it. Pretty pathetic, huh?

Oh well, I'll try to warm up a little and get a bit more creative over the next few days. I have to post a blog entry about my eldest grandson Blake but I have to try to sneak a few up-to-date photos.

Tommorrow is a new day for Photo Friday...maybe they'll post a subject that will get me out of this funk and get the creative processes jump started. Weekend's almost here. Almost time to relax and unwind a bit.

1 comment:

SisToPencilMeIn&SimpleMusings said...

You know, there's a medical term for those "old man winter blues" called Seasonal Dysfunctional Disorder, I think I have it. When the cold hits I'd just assume be a bear and go into hibernation, somebody wake me up when spring arrives. Glad I'm not the only one that hits a "winter slump." It's cold here in good 'ol Bama today and I'd just assume crawl back in my bed and sleep all day! Unfortunately life is calling.....
Love you,
Sis