Sunday, July 30, 2006

Moon plants and Life Changes

No, moon plants and life changes have nothing in common except that they're both subjects in tonights post.

Moon Plants. My mother always grows these plants on her porch and they grow prolifically. The odd thing about them is that they have these very large, beautiful blossoms that only appear at night. I've tried to grow these before with absolutely no success but this summer we finally scored. I've included both pictures above just so you can see how much this plant has grown since around the end of May. And now, tonight, it's going to display around 8 to 10 large white blossoms. They'll stay open all night long and be gone by around 7:30am.

Life Changes. If anyone read the comments in my May entry called Envy you might have noticed that I said that I was overwhelmed at work. I also said that I was drowning and just needed a lifeline but just couldn't seem to find one. Well, when I finally did realize that things were never going to change for me at work I decided to change my situation another way. I quit my job and have gone on to better things. At the moment there is very little stress and the atmosphere is totally different from where I was before. Oh, I know that things will get busy and there will be stressful days. But for the moment I am quite enjoying the change although I have to say that there are a few people at the old job that I do miss. Monroe, Ladonna, Joe, Alan, Diana, and a couple of others have been good friends and I hope that we can all stay in touch

4 comments:

SisToPencilMeIn&SimpleMusings said...

I have never be able to achieve the success of a moon plant either, this year I didn't even try. You should see Mama's since you were down in early July, it covers the whole porch now and I counted 11 blooms the other night.

Congratulations on the new job! I hope everything works out well!!
Love you,
Dana

Janet said...

I grow the moon plant every year, but I finally gave up on the vine. I'm glad you have a happier job situation now.

Anonymous said...

I haven't had any success with the moon plant. I think my yard is too shady for it.
I hope your job turns out to be something good that you'll enjoy doing, without being too overwhelming.!

Love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

WELL THERE BIG GUY,
JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP.I APPRECIATE THOSE FEW MINUTES THAT YOU WOULD TAKE OUT OF YOUR DAY TO ASSIST ME WITH A LEARNING CURVE OR TWO. YOU WILL BE MISSED.
OH
AND I CAN'T RESIST THE CHANCE TO GET A LITTLE ACTION ON THIS FAMOUS SITE.
WISH YOU WELL IN YOUR NEW ADVENTURES,
CARL D. LINDKVIST