Saturday, March 08, 2008

Something's Coming!

This is the Tennessee River Railroad Bridge which crosses the Tennessee River just below the Chicamauga Dam. This is just slightly past the beginning of the Tennessee Riverwalk where I love to run/walk on the weekends. When I was there last Sunday I decided to get a shot of this train crossing but I just could not find a location that would let me get the shot that I really wanted. For better or worse I've posted this one anyway. This really awesome when you're standing under this bridge and a train is crossing. One of the really neat things about this bridge is that the center span (see the large tower in the distance) actually raises straight up when very large boats (such as the Mississippi Queen) must pass to get to the locks of the dam.

1 comment:

SisToPencilMeIn&SimpleMusings said...

Josh & Jessica spent the day in Chattanooga this past Wednesday. I told them they should've went here, they love places like this. Also, they should've got with you, could've met you somewhere for lunch!!