Sunday, April 02, 2006

Illustration Friday: SPRING

My sketch for the this weeks' ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY theme which is SPRING. The Iris' and Hostas are starting to grow at a fast pace and today I saw my first Dandelion of the season. We have quite a lot of Henbit in our yard also. The lawn care companies leave flyers on my mail box telling me that it's a weed and should be dealt with as such but I sort of like the look of them with their dark green leafs and dainty purple flowers.
I also posted a PhotoShop enhanced version of the sketch on my blog but I think that I overdid it somewhat. You can see it here. I prefer this one though.

5 comments:

Betsysinclair said...

I like this. It reminds me of my backyard.

Janet said...

Nice drawing!

Robert McLaughlin said...

I like this one better, also. Nice pencil work

Aravis said...

This is delicately colored and lovely. I'm with you; I tend to like the wildflowers, even if they are weeds. Beautiful illustration!

valerie walsh said...

this is so lovely! I like the leaves folding over each other and the colours are so beautiful and very spring like! I love all plants and flowers!

When the silence gets loud

If you've ever tried to create something and share it with the world, you've probably discovered that the hardest part isn't wri...