Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Remodelling



The old (almost ) flat roof over my screened porch has been leaking terribly lately. I've had the roofing replaced once already but the leaks still came back and although you can't see it in the first photo the decking had developed quite a rot problem. My son-in-law Jeff, who is one of the finest people on earth, has been helping me (or should I say I am helping him?) replace the old flat roof with a new hip roof. Jeff's dad Lonnie came over and worked for several hours yesterday and the pace really picked up. Those two can work wonders with hammer and nails. The new roof over the porch will blend in with the house much better and should last decades longer. My hands hurt from hammering and pulling off the old wood and my back and knees hurt from crawling around over the rafters but in the end it will all be worth every little ache.

1 comment:

SisToPencilMeIn&SimpleMusings said...

the new roof is going to look good. I know you're glad for Jeff & his Dad's help. Now, will you ask them for me if their slogan is "have hammer, will travel?" I need a front porch built!!!!