Monday, December 26, 2005

Holiday

Over The River and Through The Woods
Another Christmas has come and gone and it was a treat to be able to spend time with family. Susan and I spent Christmas Eve with my parents, three sisters, and neices and nephews. Christmas Day was very calm as it was a nice quiet time spent with my Mom and Dad whom I don't get to visit often enough. Today culminated our holiday with a trip to the home of my sister Janet. I am always telling her that she doesn't visit me often enough and this weekend I finally had to admit that it had been 5 1/2 years since I had been to her house. The large open fields that used to run up to the back of the house have been planted in pines. When I saw them it made me sad to think that I had not taken the time to visit more often. I know that pine trees grow relatively faster than most trees but Janet now has a nice ten acre forest to roam and many of the trees are eight to ten feet tall. The picture above is of the bridge that must be crossed just before reaching the house. I enhanced the colors and saturation a bit before adding some colored pencil effects with PhotoShop.

4 comments:

valerie walsh said...

Soooooo beautiful! very very nice! have a very Happy New Year!

Janet said...

If you noticed the missing board, I'm slacking! The county/state never seem to worry about our bridge....well...they did worry enough to tell the school bus not to cross it anymore. That was over 10 years ago. So I have taken it upon myself to nail on numerous boards over the years.

QweySpiral said...

lovely!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Looks like the one they cross in Sam Raimi's The Evil Dead !