Sunday, August 10, 2008

Still Kickin'


The Triathlon that I have been preparing for the last 8 weeks is over and I finished 561 out 0f 612. Nothing to brag about but right about where I predicted I would be. I actually have to say that I surprised myself. I thought that I would finish about 11 minutes slower than I did. Here's the official numbers ( you can get the complete race results here)

Overall time 1:19:41
1/4 mile Swim......12:24
8.2 mile Bike Ride .....33:49
2 mile Run......24:06

I really didn't do too well in the transitions due to some bad planning on my part and by the time that I got to the run my legs felt like lead weights but I can still say that I am glad that I did this. I'll definitely be ready for it next year!
Susan walking me from the finish line back to my personal cheering section (probably wanted to make sure that I wasn't about to have a coronary right there in the middle of the road!)


I had an unexpected additions to my cheering section. My sisters Lisa and Dana came to town from Alabama to help cheer me on. It really was a good boost to see my daughter Tiffiny, son-in-law Jeff, grandson Braxton, and two of my sisters along with their families there at the finish line.

5 comments:

Janet said...

Well, I'm impressed! I could NEVER do such a thing.'wish I coulda been there, but I had several things that HAD TO BE DONE THIS WEEKEND! I love you!

SisToPencilMeIn&SimpleMusings said...

Glad we were there to see you finish! But my skin cancer scarface looks hideous in this picture!!
You did great!!
I love you,
Dana

SisToPencilMeIn&SimpleMusings said...

ok, I looked at this again...and my face is FAT!

Thru The Lens said...

I'm not looking too purty either!

Trevor said...

Good job on finishing Ron, and pleased to make your acquaintance.

Trevor from willtoexist.com