Sunday, April 09, 2006

Narcissism

My computer crashed Thursday and it has taken me the better part of two and a half days to get things working correctly again. And to top off the weekend I came down with some sort of nasty sinus infection or cold late last night. I have felt pretty much like crud all day today....BUT, none of that has anything to do with this picture. My wife thinks I have become enamored with my own image but to be honest she will hardly allow me to take her picture to use in these flights of photo manipulating fancy. You just gotta use what you have. Oh well. I "borrowed" this idea to insert myself into a promo for one of my top five all time favorite television shows, Stargate SG1 from Robert McLaughlin, a very fine photographer from Oceanside, California. And the original picture itself was scarfed from the download section from http://www.scifi.com/stargate/. I love this show. What better life for a door and hardware salesman than to peddle his wares in the far reaches of the known universe!
The original picture has not been licensed by me for display here, so ....my apologies to SciFi.Com, the producers of Stargate SG1, and Richard Dean Anderson.

3 comments:

Robert McLaughlin said...

Thanks for the kind words. Cool photograph. What was it like to work on the set of SG1? ;>) J/K

SisToPencilMeIn&SimpleMusings said...

Cool pic...I can attest to the fact there's probably no one else in your house to take pictures of, I've got maybe one picture of Susan that she actually posed for!! (Would you like me to send it to you?? lol)
Love you!
Sis

Janet said...

Just don't make yourself look creepy again!!! :)