Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm not lazy. Really, I'm not!

Okay, it's been a while since I posted anything new, drawn anything new, or photoshopped anything new. I've been totally swamped at work ever since returning from my medical leave. I have huge piles of work all over my desk and most days I can't seem to get anything accomplished due to jumping from one disaster to another. Danged if I ever plan on having major surgery and being off work for weeks again anytime soon!

On another note, I am doing much better and have just finished my first week with no pain medication stronger than Tylenol. I guess to prove just "how much better I am" I am painting my house! So far I have painted the garage, the front, and three sides of the second story. I have had to stop this week due to rain almost every afternoon but I do plan to finish this project on Saturday. I don't want this turning into another one of my 8 month remodeling projects like the famous back porch re-roofing project.

Well, I hope to finish the painting and hopefully get inspired enough to draw, photograph, or photoshop something new. In the meantime you can enjoy this nifty video CHANGE MYSELF by Todd Rundgren.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're doing better. Don't overdo it with the house painting!

Love Lisa

SisToPencilMeIn&SimpleMusings said...

I hope you were able to finish your painting as planned on Saturday. As Lisa said..you don't need to be overdoing anything! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and able to control any pain with simple meds...if you're like me you hate to take anything prescribed for too long, especially anything labeled 'addictive.'
You know, if you'd have needed help painting all you had to do was say..."I'm painting my house, could you come up for the weekend and help? I'll cook you something on the grill before the weekend is over." And BOOM! we'd have been there! (Although we would NOT have let Marty have a paint brush...your house would've looked like some abstract monstrosity by the time he was finished!)
Love you!!
Dana